Saturday, June 23, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT 06.24.12

I am pooped.
But I wanted to get my Hunt up before I crash.  We spent most of our day at our local annual carnival/fest.  It was HOT.  And expensive.  But the kids had a crazy good time.  So good, in fact, that they went to bed at 7:15 tonight, without even putting up a fight. 

So, I'm just gonna cut right to it:

[WARPED]
DSC_3826_edited-1
I am so curious to see what everyone comes up with for Warped.  This lame-brain couldn't get past wood. 

[CONCENTRIC CIRCLES] DSC_3860_edited-1
She is standing tall and proud in the center of our town.  Making for a long week of begging and pleading and anxiously waiting for the fest to start!

[GEAR]
DSC_3798_edited-1
Oh yes, we hit the fishing hole again this week. This is Chase's tackle box.  And actually, he is pretty knowledgeable about what all the junk is used for.   Me, I use a hook, a bobber, and a worm. 

[GLAZED]
DSC_3700_edited-bw
My thought was to take photos of him... and wait for that eyes-glazed-over look to come.  Of course, when you want him to do it, it doesn't work.  This is as close as I got.

[MARBLE]
DSC_3880_edited-1
The boys won goldfish at the carnival. (Yippee! Err, you know that's my fake enthusiasm/sarcastic "yippee" right?)  I had pictures of plain ol' marbles.  But I thought this one was better.  So, I'm hoping that bowl is marble-ish enough to slide?!?

Okay.  I got 'em done.  I have so many backlogged photos to post.  I'm going to get caught up.... eventually!  Honestly, I have been busying myself with actual photography gigs, (posted over HERE) that my own stuff has been on the back burner. 
 
Anyway, have a great SUNDAY!!!

21 comments:

Danelle said...

Really LOVE this set! Nothing like a good ferris wheel photo to make me smile. And your fake enthusiam over the new pet was so much better than I have ever been able to muster. You nearly had me fooled! ;)

Megan Bailey said...

You did a wonderful job with this set! Love them all, but my favorites would have to be the wood and your little boy. Great photos!

Stasha said...

better a fish then a pet elephant :) Love your photos. Sweet dreams.

Brandi said...

That ferris wheel shots great...but I do love the shot with the fish! Great set!

{Shannon} said...

Hey! At least you didn't end up with a pooping puppy... like this sucker of a mom!!! I love all the pics, but especially the goldfish in the marble-ish bowl. And the oh-so-cute kiddo watching him :-)

tinajo said...

Love the goldfish pic - such great color!

Tamar SB said...

Love your shot for gear! Congrats on the new pet, bet that is one fish he won't "fish" for (-:

Karen said...

I love your marble shot. I always feel bad for those carnival fish. I know our family has gone through many of them.

Kay Rhodes said...

Amazing photos....The goldfish shot is perfect!!

Nicki said...

Great set. Liked your creativity (if not in content, in composition) of each.

Jen said...

If you ask me, summer is a complete success if you are 1.exhausted and 2.happy. I'm excited for you that you are getting so many gigs! Is it mostly word of mouth or are you advertising?

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

I'm sorry to hear you are slammed but you did a great job on these. Congrats on being busy professionally though- that is always welcome. Heading over now to see what you have been up to.

Susan said...

That portrait is gorgeous. Funny when you want them to smile-no, want them to glaze over-no, but ask for the opposite-and you know. Perhaps you have to out wit those boys of yours.
love the marble shot-my bro's kiddos wanted a fish. It got named "Yikes". Might want to try that on for size.

tiarastantrums said...

so happy to hear you have been snapping away for BEG!! Love your photos this week! Still want to get together? We can meet at the splash park in Mundelein.

Linda R said...

Your shots are always so amazing. I think they all look great!

dsblanchard said...

i LOVED warped. You took good old, plain old warped wood and WARPED it. Amazing!

So fun being here,
Dawn

Cathy H. said...

Such a great set! I love the ferris wheel; it was always my favorite ride!! The photos of your son are wonderful! He has such beautiful eyes!

Phoenix Peacock said...

these are all fantastic! the ankle and focus of the first is fascinating and lovely

Ida said...

Well done.
My favorites: Concentric Circles, I love Ferris Wheels
Gear - Great take on the prompt.
These two both remind me of my dad as he loved the Ferris Wheel and Fishing.

Ashley Sisk said...

You always take such beautiful photos...this week is no exception. Love it.

Denise said...

that ferris wheel image is TERRIFIC!