Tuesday, June 12, 2012

AHHHH SUMMER.....

DSC_1988_edited-1

We're getting into the full summer swing around here.  And although, we've had bumps (BIG ONES) I think we are settling nicely into the slow, lazy, relaxing groove of summer. 

Who am I kidding?  I had grand plans of slow and lazy, but we have been busy running CRAZY.   And, it's fine.  I kinda like it that way.  When we are slow and lazy, the boys start climbing the walls, and that DRIVES me CRAZY.   Plus, I hate getting to the end of each summer and wondering how it is possible that we didn't strike anything off of our to-do list.  I'm taking a more proactive approach this time around!

DSC_1927_edited-1
DSC_1937_edited-1

We are definitely getting plenty of fishing in.  That is for sure.  We can strike that off of our list a few times over, now. 
DSC_1918_edited-1
(Why yes, he did proudly write - in permenant marker - that he placed 3rd in last year's local fishing derby.  Oy.)
DSC_1874_edited-1 DSC_1955_edited-1

We fish a lot, at Dad's work.  And while Dylan's heart is in it.  His attention span... it just isn't.  Not yet, at least.  So, he finds other things to busy himself.  Like GIANT piles of sand. 
DSC_2008_edited-1
(Why yes, he is sporting his signature Summer LOOK, plaid shorts with a mismatching T-Shirt.    My little trend setter!)
DSC_2038_edited-1 DSC_2035_edited-1

I have so many more photos to share....from other items that we have stricken off of our summer list..... I just can't seem to find the time or the words to accompany them.  I seem to be struggling with permanent writer's block. 

Stay tuned.  I'm getting there!

8 comments:

Iowa Sunshine said...

you are doing great, brooke, and i totally understand the bumps will be there ... you will get through the crazy parts and find time for relaxation. i always love your fishy photos. thanks for sharing your summer fun!! - karin

tinajo said...

Fishing is fun, we don´t do that enough! :-)

Tamar SB said...

Ahh summer (2.5 more school days to go here!) Love the fishing photos! Great location to do it!

Kelli said...

Those pictures are wonderful! Here's to a fantastic summer :)

Kathy said...

I only ever fished when I was dating my husband. Once I hooked him...I hung up the rod :) Love that first shot, the composition is wonderful.

Colleen said...

We're still waiting for summer here. Sigh...

I love that you caught the sand trickling from Chase's fingers. :)

Sarah said...

Awww. I love these!! So fun.

Jen said...

Your photos are stunningly crisp! It's like I can smell the air! I'm more of a keep busy and cross things off the list kind of summer person. But, the main theme for me this summer is to enjoy every single second! (I don't know if you've noticed but your Dylan has had a major growth spurt - he looks older all of a sudden!)