Sunday, May 13, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT 05.13.12

I'm late getting my Hunt in this week. 
Ugh.  I hate being late!   It's just that it is Mother's Day and all..... and I was busy getting spoiled!  Or just busy.  It was a beautiful day and we just had to get out and enjoy it. 

So, here are my late entries. 
 
[SIDEWALK]
DSC_9364a DSC_9275a DSC_9184a
Do you recognize this cute couple?  If so, then you've probably stopped by Katie's blog at Katie Stories.  She is a fairly regular scavenger hunter. Well, she recently got engaged and asked me to do their engagement shots.  It was a blast.  These two were so cute and cooperative!  I posted lots more over HERE at my photography site

[INSPIRING]
Chase got his first taste of dirt-biking the other day.  I know he was nervous about it, but this kid doesn't let you see him sweat.  He jumped right on and took off.  And promptly crashed.  But jumped back on again and kept going.  His fearlessness is scary (as a mom) but also inspiring.
DSC_9451_edited-1 DSC_9441_edited-1
DSC_9541_edited-1
Uncle Mike was inspiring Chase a little more than I wanted him to with all these fancy moves. 
I had to give him a "don't you even THINK about it!" look a few times!

[TIME]
 DSC_9475_edited-1
Time plays a huge factor in how your photographs turn out.  I love taking photos in the evening.  Right at that golden hour.



[CLOSE UP]
DSC_9378_edited-1
DSC_9383_edited-1

[WITH A MIRROR]
DSC_9679_edited-1
Or.... frying pan lid.  My husband was shaking his head at me (a little more than normal) as I grabbed our frying pan lid and proceeded to take self portraits with it while we were in the midst of getting our first ever fish-fry under way.  Come on, I had one more prompt to take care of!

So that's it for me... for now.
Hope you all had a SUPER MOTHER'S DAY! 



12 comments:

tinajo said...

Great pics, love the last one of you!

Tamar SB said...

These are all great, Brooke! Love the dirt bike pics, that is inspiring!

The Scribners said...

I love your photos! Very creative self portrait :) Love the dirt bike pictures as well!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love those pictures of Katie - you did a phenomenal job! I know she's thrilled.

Rose said...

Great photos all around! I second Ashley that I'm sure that Katie is thrilled with those engagement photos. Your boys are adorable, and I love the leaf shot.

Anne U @ hot coffee mama said...

Happy belated mama's day, love the engagement photos.

Jen said...

Where do you get the ideas from, as far as how to pose people? I always thought that would be tough. You do a great job! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Saun said...

Lol love your mirror shot The things we do to get good shot love it.

Danelle said...

The engagement photos are gorgeous, and the frying pan lid.....well, that looks like something I would do! :)

Bunch of Barrons said...

Love those!

Barefoot Blue Jean Life said...

Wow I love them all. Great photos.

Christine E-E said...

your CLOSE-UP shots are amazing. I just want to touch that droplet of water.