Saturday, March 24, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT - 03.25.12

Hello fellow hunters!  And non-hunters too.
How was your week?   Some of these prompts were tough, right?  (Do I say that every week?)

Maybe had I not had my nose stuck in a book for a good part of the week, I could have devoted a little more time to hunting.  But since that didn't happen, I have slipped a few more vacation pics in here.  I'm sneaky like that. 

Oh, and the book that derailed my life for a few days - The Girl Who Played with Fire. 
I loved it.  I was not enchanted with the first book, so much, but the second one made up for it.   Phew.... could NOT put it down. 

Anyway, on with my finds......

[WHIMSY]
DSC_7747_edited-1
I was clueless as to what to do for Whimsy.  I thought this one seemed whimsical-ish.  Hopefully I was at least on the right track.

[CREATE]
DSC_7802_edited-1
My little sculptor, Chase, was hard at work making something with his clay and clay tools. 

[DUST]
DSC_7444_edited-1
Does flying sand count?  Good, because I had no idea what to do here other than take photos of my dusty furniture. ***embarrassing***


[SPROUT]
DSC_7630_edited-1
Our tulips are growing like crazy with this warm weather.   I can't wait for them to POP!

[SWING]
DSC_7605_edited-1
My boys love the tire swings.  They can spin, and spin, and spin some more.  It makes me dizzy just watching them.

That's all for now.
Enjoy your Sunday!

Next week's items are:
1.  Clouds
2.  Sun flare
3.  Seven
4.  High Angle
5.  Low Angle



33 comments:

Kathy said...

For not having a lot of time you did mahhhhvelous! I especially love your swinging tires. How cool to get a duplicate swing in the background. Fantastic.

Holly said...

Love love love that whimsy picture, and swing too!

Megan said...

I love your sprout photo!

shutterbuggbitten said...

Your sprout shot is awesome!

Andrea Dawn said...

Love your swing shot, just a great shot. I DID do the dust on furniture thing.

Kay Rhodes said...

Your photos are wonderful....I really love the swing shot...everything about it is great!! But they all are super.

Stasha said...

Swings make me ill now. And saying that makes me feel so old :)
Beautiful photos, all of them!!

kewkew said...

Love the stout shot. Your kids are having such fun-spinning and playing at the beach. Hope you can stop by. Tots and me

tiarastantrums said...

looks like a great park to play in!

tinajo said...

I love the whimsy pic - looks totally cool! Lovely pics all of them! :-)

Tamar SB said...

I love that swing!! Reminds me of the playground on my school's field! That whimsy is fantastic too!!

Cheryl said...

Really great set! Love the colors in the first but can't figure out what it is ~ grrrrrrr.

Limette said...

The tire swings look like a blast. Love the first pic.

Jen said...

I LOVE that flying sand shot! Great capture!!
They are all great, actually!
Have a great Sunday :)

Susan said...

I really like that last image-great composition. I don't know about that dizzy thing either. I hate being dizzy and kids seem to love it. I think we adults have the wisdom on that.
Great low POV on the sprout-and flying sand totally counts.

Danelle said...

Love the perspective on your swing shot. And of course flying sand counts as dust!

Karen said...

That swing photo is great! I love the framing.

MG Atwood said...

Love that swing shot! The sprouts are nice as well. Have a wonderful week.

Angela said...

These are all wonderful!! You are so creative and really have a good eye!

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography said...

You whimsy is fantastic Brooke & awesome perspective on the last one

Lori said...

Love all of these!

hiflight said...

Great pictures. The flying dust. ... Sand is just great. Your shot of the boys is true to life for boys. Thanks.

kim said...

I really like your whimsy; very creative! I like the tulip sprouts and swing too!

Leanne said...

Really lovely shots, I think your whimsy hits the spot & I like tour swing shot.

Sara said...

Great set Brooke, cool "whimsy" shot, awesome colours and patterns! Love "create" and "sprout" is awesome, love the DOF!

Valeria said...

Very nice set. I love swing and the perspective on it. Sprout is also great.

Ashley Sisk said...

For your head to have been stuck in a book all week, you really nailed this collection. Great set!

mommy of Five said...

love your creativity!

Serline said...

Wonderful set of pictures. I really enjoyed each and every one of them. Have a great week!

Lui said...

I love the flying sand!
Haha!
Fun finds this week!

BF said...

I wouldn't have known what to do for whimsy either, but I like what you came up with! Nice set!

Seizing My Day said...

nope... this weeks prompts were challenging.. I feel like I think that every week too... lol...

LOVE the swing shot! ;)

staci said...

these are all great! i think i like the swing one the best. :)