Tuesday, February 28, 2012

LOVE THOSE FISHIES

DSC_6193_edited-1

DSC_6197_edited-1

DSC_6201_edited-1

DSC_6183_edited-1

DSC_6173_edited-1
This past visit concludes the year of the Shedd for us. 
We squeezed four visits out of our season passes (not too shabby!), and I promise you won't be subjected to anymore fishy pictures around these parts....... AFTER this post anyway.   Oh wait, soon the boys will be back to frequent fishing trips.  So, until then.

I put a little set together on Flickr HERE, in case you wanted to see the ones you missed. 

DSC_6209_edited-1
Waiting for the dolphin show.
DSC_6245_edited-1
A Beluga Whale jump
DSC_6251_edited-1
Jellies, Jellies and MORE jellies.  Wow, I love these guys... so mystical and mesmerizing!
DSC_6260_edited-1

DSC_6265_edited-1

DSC_6273_edited-1
A couple shots of Chase, taken through one of the Jelly tanks. 
DSC_6275_edited-1

DSC_6283_edited-1
The Beluga whales, an underwater perspective.  Doesn't it look like they're kissing in this next one?
DSC_6284_edited-1

DSC_6296_edited-1
A couple penguin pictures.  Here he comes... and there he goes.
DSC_6294_edited-1

DSC_6329_edited-1
And one last one, this isn't a great picture, (too many little bodies in the way) but it was a highlight of the trip, so I'm going to include it anyway.  This fish was totally enthralled with the kids' glow necklaces.  (Who know!)  He just sat there, right next to the glass for like 10 minutes.   It was quite amusing!  We had a crowd of kids watching this all unfold.  The boys loved it.

So, that's it.  No more fishies!! 
For a little while anyway.  Ha.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I think you missed your calling as a nature photographer! I have been to our aquarium numerous times, and I cannot get good shots. How did you take these?!

tinajo said...

Aww, this makes me miss Chicago - I had such a great time at Shedd´s (among other places)! :-)

Tamar SB said...

I love the Shedd! The whole section by the huge dolphin tanks is my favorite as you look out on the lake and the trees and plant life they put in! Makes me want to schedule a trip to chicago soon!

Naomi said...

Looks so fun! My little guy would love this! I love your jellies shots!

BF said...

Lovely, especially those jelly fish!

Kimberly said...

Wow! These are great aquarium photos! We visited our zoo and aquarium recently and I was able to get some decent shots but it is so dark in there. Looks like you had some great lighting to work with. You should come over and link up with my Wild & Wonderful Wednesday post. Here's the link ... http://kimberlysperspective.blogspot.com/2012/02/wild-wonderful-wednesday-18.html