Saturday, January 28, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT - 01.29.12

I'm back again for the Scavenger Hunt.   I'm going to apologize in advance for all these photos.  I really do intend on just doing one picture per category.  Simple and to the point. 
Yet, I always end up with a big mess of photos.
Sorry.
Really.


1.  SMILE
DSC_5351_edited-1

DSC_5336_edited-1

DSC_5348_edited-1

DSC_5346_edited-1
I promise, we got that face all cleaned up after I put the camera down and focused on the bathing part!

2.  STAND ALONE
DSC_5315_edited-1
I really had a hard time with this prompt.  Initially, I took this photo.  I though it was... meh.
DSC_5355_edited-1
Then I thought this one might work.  I stopped and took this on a foggy morning.  But, they're more of a group than alone, so I went back to the drawing board. 
DSC_5444_edited-1
I spotted some ice fisherman..... out there on the ice alone. 
I don't know.  It kinda works, right? 
DSC_5463_edited-1
Then, just this morning, we woke up to glorious sunshine, and a dusting of snow.  I loved how this lone tree looked as a reflection.   Hopefully at least one of these work!

3.  RUSTY OR SOMETHING OLD
DSC_5361_edited-1
I spotted a rusty old snow plow the other day.  I loved that some love bird carved D+M on it.  How cute is that?  Okay, so it's on a rusty, dirty snow plow, but still.

4.  ARTIFICIAL
DSC_5276_edited-1
We had an "artificial" birthday celebration last weekend because Mom didn't get a single photo of the real deal. 
DSC_5280_edited-1


5.  REPEATING PATTERN
DSC_5395_edited-1

DSC_5441_edited-1

DSC_5413_edited-1
I was a bit MACRO happy here.

That's all I got.  I promise, NO MORE photos.  For a day or two, anyway.  
HAPPY SUNDAY!

Now go on over to Ashley's to check out more Scavenger Hunt goodies:


32 comments:

Kathy said...

OOOOOOOOH...totally lovin' your patterns! And I really like the candle light on your son's face...beautiful.

Kathy

Saun said...

I'm with Kathy great set....

Wendy said...

I am in love with your smile pictures...how adorable are they. I also love your rusty old picture and how romantic someone carved their initials in it.

Valeria said...

OMG how gorgeous are your prompts on repeating patterns. Love it.
And Smile of course is way too cute.

Jenn said...

Lobe the top repeating pattern shot. What type of plant/flower is that?

Melanie said...

I enjoyed ALL of your photos! The macros are great & I agree, it's get addicting!

deb duty said...

Really great photos! I can see why you couldn't choose just one per prompt! Love the bath shots! Very cute! And that old rusty plow is so great. Love the colors.

Tamar SB said...

These are all so great! I had a similar picture to the one you had for artificial for my stand alone!

Bridget said...

Great job! I especially love the ones of your son - he's got a great smile:)

honeystealsgold said...

LOve Your Patterns! Beautiful Macros !

Kay Rhodes said...

Fabulous patterns...Great job!!

Mad Mind said...

Those patterns are awesome! And the ice fishing shacks are all over the place here. I live on the Upper Mississippi and you can't miss them.

MG Atwood said...

Love those repeating lines! You crack me up with stand alone, but the last one is perfect. Shadows, snow, what's not to like? Have a fabulous week!

Dorian Susan said...

I can see why you HAD to include so many. I mean, how could you not? Love that first bath shot. Great find on the ice fisherman. I too would go for that rusty old plow. Repeating patterns...ooh la lah. Have a great week Brooke.

Stasha said...

You are a pattern queen and mommy to the boys with gorgeous smiles! Happy artificial B'day :)

Lauri said...

Your interpretations are fabulous, and your photographs are stunning. I am in love with the shot of your son in the candle light. Lovely.

Andrea Dawn said...

Wow, those patterns are awesome. I like the cluster of trees for the stand alone, too.

Christine E-E said...

STAND ALONE = my fave! the red fishing shed (don't know if you call them that?) on the lake is totally cool.

Lori said...

Love the old snow plow with initials carved in it!

Michelle Renee said...

I love your repeating patterns. And that ice fisherman shot makes me miss home. Here in NC, we haven't even had a flake yet.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Well done- that ice fishinh is something that really astounds me.

Jess said...

Great job Brooke, you always knock the ball out of the park. Love the dried grass "repeating pattern" photo.

Ida said...

Well done!
Sometimes it is hard to settle on just "one" photo for the prompts.
Your Smile subject - totally adorable.
I liked the lone shadow of the tree for your Stand Alone the best.
Also like your Repeating Patterns and chuckled over the Artificial Birthday as I've had to do the same thing when unable to capture the real moment.

Megan said...

I love bathtub photo shoots! its the only time you can corral them into a small space long enough to take pictures :) hahaha!

your macro shots are fab!

and the last stand alone one, with the snow and the tree, i gorgeous. Although, the ice house is great too :)

oh birthday pictures... I had like 5 that I took on gavins birthday in november. then I downloaded and erased all my SD cards... and apparently, I didnt download ALL of them first. :( I have NO pictures from his birthday. what a great mom i am. :(

Sarah said...

WOW!!! Such gorgeous shots. I love every single one. Beautiful.

Ashley Sisk said...

Those tub shots are way too cute - love them.

Linda R said...

Looks like you had a great time on your hunt.. These are all such great shots...

Hugs, Linda

BF said...

These are all great shots, of course I did not get all mine this week, so we will see if I get them tonight to post tomorrow! Love the first one for pattern, very pretty!

Sara said...

Love Smile he's so adorable! Love the trees, they look so eerie with the fog and Old is fantastic, love the graffiti and processing/texture work. Hope you have a great week!

Alita said...

Your repeating patterns {all of them} are fantastic! The first one was whimsical and charming all at the same time.

Alita

Life with Kaishon said...

I am GLAD you post more than one picture. These are absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the wishing flower best of all. Fantastic!

Thank you for the sweet comment for HEather. I really appreciate it!

Melissa said...

So glad you are still doing the scavenger hunt....I promise to get back to it someday. I LOVE your rusty shot of the plow!