Thursday, January 5, 2012

ICE, ICE BABY

As these kids get older, I am running out of 1st's to report on. 
But, here's one that we have never done. 

Ice skating. 
Yikes.

Coordination isn't one our genetic strong points, so I have to say I was a bit nervous.  I watched from the bench, because clearly strapping blades onto my feet would be a catastrophe.  Besides, I was hoping to capture some good bloopers for America's Funniest Home Video. 

Amazingly, everyone did pretty darn good.  So, you won't be seeing us on national TV anytime soon. 

DSC_3964_edited-1
Chase started out pretty slow.  Hugging the walls and hanging onto Dad for dear life. 
DSC_3962_edited-1
You can see Dylan cheering him on in the reflection. 
DSC_3958_edited-1

[365] 12.31.11
Dylan is my bench warmer.  He is very reluctant to participate in most things. 
DSC_3998_edited-1
But, Daddy begged and pleaded........
DSC_4008_edited-1
...... and we eventually got him to put some skates on. 
DSC_4024_edited-1
He only made it one time around.  But, hey, at least he tried.
DSC_4034_edited-1

By the end of it, Chase was whizzing around there pretty good. 
And did I mention, there were NO injuries. 
That's a success, in my book!
Linked up: 

20 comments:

Jaymi said...

love the shot of Dylan on the bench!

Tamar SB said...

Aw so fun! I used to be a figure skater and am determined to go figure skating this winter! Glad you had fun!!

Danelle said...

They'll be playing in the NHL before you know it!

The Frat Pack + Me said...

My youngest played ice hockey so he is awesome on the ice....the rest of us...not so much. I only participate for the hot chocolate afterwards ;-)

tinajo said...

Fun! Trust me, I'm not a star on skating - more like the deer Bambi..! :-D

Kelli said...

Yeah for them for getting out there! My Jamison tried it once too and only went around once but she was SO proud of herself for doing that & I was proud of her for trying. Great moments!

Susan said...

Looks like they had a blast!! Great shots...great moments to cherish.

Darcie Santoyo said...

looks fun :)
www.myoverflowingheart.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

How fun. What great shots.

Kathy said...

When my Thing #2 was about 8 we took mom/daughter ice skating lessons together. I already knew how to skate...been doing it since I was a kid and always loved it. But it was the only way I could get MY "benchwarmer" out on the ice. Looks like a very fun day!

Kathy

Gina Kleinworth said...

That looks like so much fun Brooke!!!! I have only been once or twice & it was when I was in HS. I can tell you that it didn't go well :) Turns out I'm not so graceful on ice.

Jen said...

The begging shot cracks me up! It looks like Chase did better than my little guy did. I feel bad that we didn't think to bring a helmet.

Tiffany said...

So fun...we have not done the ice skating thing either. Looks like everyone did great!

Tiffany

Susan said...

Very fun! Great memories captured. We are going this weekend I think, yikes!

Em S said...

No injuries is a total success!

deb duty said...

This looks so fun! I don't think my boys have ever been ice skating. It probably wouldn't be a good idea since they can barely make it around a rink on roller skates! Great captures!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Cute! Looks like they had fun!

Steph said...

we haven't tried ice skating yet...my 3 year old is like your youngest! Love your pictures of the day!!!

shellycoulter said...

Looks like fun! :)

BF said...

This is very sweet, hey at least he got out there and tested out the ice.