Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CHATTY

It's Tuesday and I am drinking my coffee so I thought we could chat a bit for Virtual Coffee.

If we were really meeting for coffee this morning, I would first apologize for being so sleepy. I am having a hard time STILL adjusting to the time change.  I laid in bed last night for what seemed like an hour, wide AWAKE.  And then had to literally drag myself out of bed at 7:15am.  Which, in my house, is considered sleeping in.

I would also whine a little (just a little, I promise) about my sore muscles.  Yesterday I went to a class at the Y for the first time ever.  I checked in at the front desk and asked for a ticket to the Muscle Conditioning class.  A fellow gym-goer heard me and busted out laughing.  "They have a class called "Muscle Punishing!?!?!"  He must have misunderstood me, I corrected him.  But now that I think about it, that might be a more appropriate title for the class.    Ouchie!

So, tell me about what is going on in your world?   We are busy with swim lessons, hockey class, library, school, meals, all the normal stuff.  The stuff that I am so thankful that we get to carry on doing.  Considering the catastrophe happening in Japan.   I am so sad for the people of that country.  I can't even imagine..... an earthquake..... a tsunami..... and now nuclear explosions and fears of radiation poisoning.  It doesn't seem fair that they get hit with all of these hardships, all at once. 

Chase was watching some of the coverage with me on TV.  Oddly enough he picked out a book at the library last week titled "Tsunami's."  So we looked through it and talked about what was happening and why it happens and how scary it must be for the people there.   I don't think he really gets the enormity of the situation, not that I really want him to at this age.    He just wanted some reassurance on the geography.  "Mom, we don't live by an ocean, right?"

Well, my coffee is gone and I guess it is time to get back to business.... cleaning.... laundry..... cooking.....  not that I am complaining.  I am grateful and even guilty to have all these everyday, mundane tasks to do. 

I hope you have a happy Tuesday!!

Opps, and some photo shares, you didn't think I would post a post without just a few, did you?DSC_0378_edited-1

DSC_0429_edited-1
I had to bribe him to get these photos.  He begged me to go outside and I said "SURE but I want to take some photos of you with the balloons first."   I know, I know... but an obsessed-photo-taking-Momma-to-camera-shy-boys has gotta do what an obsessed-photo-taking-Momma-to-camera-shy boys has gotta do!
DSC_0434

Linking up: 
<Photobucket

Sweet Shot Day

27 comments:

Kim said...

These are fun!

Virginia said...

Hooray for trying a new class!

I love the balloon pictures. But, I am partial to yellow. :)

Beth Alexander Ham said...

Pictures are lovely and as soon as you told me you did lunges I knew that you would be sore!! Those are killer... but good for you for trying a new class!! Keep it up.... : )
Sincerly,
(Your workout crazed lunatic sister)
Beth

deb duty said...

Enjoyed your post and great balloon photos!

LivingFree said...

What fun photos!

Megan said...

the day-light savings truck hit us too- this morning I got up 15 minutes before we had to leave! The little guy was still asleep, had to wake him up, and Gavin was snuggled up watching tv on the couch. We car pool and today was my day to drive, luckily- when I called the other mom, they were late too!

hopefully we all get adjusted again in a few days and things get back to "normal"

Daogreer Earth Works said...

These balloon shots are so fun!

The Frat Pack + Me said...

What beautiful photos! Have a happy Tuesday :)

Tara said...

Beautiful captures, the ballons are fabulous. It is such a heartbreaking tragedy...

The Hill Hang-Out said...

Love the perspective! The blue of the sky really makes the balloons pop! Great shots!

Kimberly said...

Great post! Hope you enjoy your classes at the Y.

We are definitely blessed also. Boring is good.

Great photos! Love the yellow balloons!

frecklesandfences said...

Wow, the color in those shots are amazing! Love how the sun catches the color in the balloons. I totally get how you had to bribe him to get pictures. My two are the same way.

Susan said...

Wow... love the color! Great shots. I love the Y, I just need to go more often♥

{Amy} said...

love the yellow! i have had an itch to get outside and take pictures of the kids and i am hoping that next week i will get the chance! we are having a hard time adjusting to the time change too...it's just an hour but it sure messes us up! : ) thanks for coffee!

Actuary Mom said...

I love the balloon photos! totally brightened my day.

Moomser said...

Ouch for achy muscles but Yay for everyday things, aren't they grand!
Love the pics, btw.

Language said...

Love the shot of him holding the balloons! Thank you for reminding me how small my problems are compared to the ones the people of Japan are facing.

Language said...

Why is it still listing me as "Language"?! And, only on yours, I think?! WTH? (Jen from Rants & Raves)

Hyacynth said...

My oldest has a lot of questions about what's happening in Japan now, too. IT's so hard to explain. I just tell him we can pray about it as much as he wants after he's questioned out.
So speaking of coffee, now that I'm home from Florida, I'd love to meet up for some face-to-face brew sometime. :)

Colleen said...

This time change is killing me. I like the extra light at the end of the day, but it's soooo dark in the morning when I take the kids to school. Yuck.

Love the yellow balloons. My favorite is the second picture.

katie said...

If I were to meet you for coffee, I'd be 10 minutes late because this time change thing is kicking me in the rear. I can't get going and we've been "this" close to being tardy for school two days in a row. UGH. Yay for the yellow balloons!

Melissa said...

Glad we had coffee together today, I actually began drinking coffee again on Monday thanks to day light savings time. You know I am slow at waking up and this week has been torture for me.
P.S. I love the balloon bribery!

Genn said...

Good for you taking that muscle PUNISHING class! I did Jillian's shred dvd today for the first time since being sick and I aam already sore!

FUN balloon pics! Bribing your boy worked. You got some neat shots. I am kinda obsessed with yellow right now too. ;)

Jessica said...

Really like the balloons!!

I am blog hopping today and would really like for you to stop by my blog and say hello (and become a follower if you aren't already one).

I have two blogs and you are welcome to stop by either or both of them:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about life and family at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Hope to see you over at my blogs.

Have a blessed Wednesday!! :0)

Jade said...

Love the photos! :)

Dani said...

I've been consumed with Japan. It leaves me speechless.

Michelle said...

It is Friday but I still enjoyed having a chat with you... a few days late and I had a cup of tea. I hope all is well.